Philippines - Atlantis Resort, Puerto Galera
At the heart of Oriental Mindoro on the Puerto Galera peninsula you will find Atlantis - the areas premier dive resort and dive center. Just a short hop from Manila, Puerto Galera literally means Port of Galleons; its sheltered bays have been a safe haven for sailors for centuries. These days though, it’s the world class diving and stunning scenery that keeps visitors coming back year after year.
The resort offers several types of rooms, including:
- Double Deluxe Room: Stylish room with terrace or patio; one queen size bed and all the comfort guests have come to love and expect.
- Twin Deluxe Room: The twin room features the unique design of Atlantis; ideal for small families, terrace or patio, one queen size bed plus one single bed.
- Standard Sea View Room: While smaller than the deluxe room, guests can wake up overlooking the beach – these rooms are right on the seashore.
- Flintstone House: The ideal family room with two fancy bunk beds and one master bed in Atlantis' unique design. Located just by the pool on ground level, this room has plenty of space, both inside and out.
- Flintstone Sea View Suite: Spacious luxury family apartment with private terrace; the newest room and destined to become the resorts most popular; right on theseashore; one king size bed, two fancy single bunk beds.
- Coconut Terrace: Private terrace and poolside view; all the usual Atlantis' room amenities; two reduced queen size beds; ideal for friends sharing or small families.
- Sea View Terrace: This room affords stunning views of the Verde Island passage and has, quite simply, a huge private terrace from which to soak up the tropical sun. The room has two reduced queen size beds making it ideal for friends sharing or small families.
- Executive Suite: Spacious luxury apartments with private terrace; king size bed. Treat yourself to some of the best accommodation in the area.
- Honeymoon Suite: With the best views at Atlantis, the spacious Honeymoon Suite has one double bed and a cozy couch, as well as a big private terrace overlooking the ocean.
Guest Room Features include:
- Climate controlled air conditioning
- Fully stocked mini bar
- Adjustable ceiling fans
- Private patio/balcony with Mexican hammocks
- Native Furniture
- Solar heated hot water
- Cable T.V. with free movie and sports channels
- In-room safety deposit box
- Wireless internet availabilit
- Coffee/Tea making facilities
Hotel Facilities include:
- Toko’s Restaurant: Offers guests a unique dining experience. The restaurant uses fresh local products and flavors but made to an international standard. There are daily changing blackboard lunch and dinner menus, theme nights with buffets, as well as lunchtime Mongolian Wok. Yummy! Alternatively, just sit down at Toko’s spacious bar for a cappuccino or a cocktail between meals.
- Seaview Bar: The beach front cocktail bar, also known as the “50 Bar”, is where most people start their evening before heading off for dinner. Listen to great music, meet new friends and enjoy the company of Atlantis’ dive staff while overlooking the ocean. The bar opens at 3.30 pm and closes at midnight.
- Swimming Pool: Guests can refresh themselves the private pool or relax in the sun. The pool is filled with non-chlorinated water and sheltered by trees - a perfect place where you can also enjoy a relaxing massage.
- Retail Shop: Everything you need while away from home. It stocks practical items such as sun screen, t-shirts, swim wear, sarongs, caps and beautiful silver dive jewelry. It also offers a complete line of dive equipment, accessories and computers as well as souvenirs, fragrant soaps and native art.There’s also lots of fun stuff for kids as well as travel books, fish books and postcards.
- Conference Room: The cozy Conference Room comfortably seats 15 with desk space for 25, complete with climate controlled air conditioning, whiteboard, LCD projector, TV and video and wireless internet. This room is ideal for small business meetings.
- Massage Room: Where you can unwind from a hard day's diving and add the perfect finishing touches to your vacation. It offers manicures, pedicures, body scrubs and much more.
- Internet: For guests who need to stay in contact with home, Atlantis is equipped with high speed broadband connection either LAN or Wi-Fi. It also provides Internet computer rental for those travelling light. Should you need wireless connection the front desk is more than willing to assist you - wireless is available in the whole resort.
For the experienced and novice diver alike, the resort boasts a five star PADI Career Development Centers; one of only few dive centers with such a rating in Asia. Here you will find the highest standard of dive education, first class facilities and world class dive guides. Whether you use the resort as a base from which to explore thirty or more nearby dive sites; the place to start your adventures and become certified; your door to Tech diving, or as the place to start a career in diving, Atlantis Resort has it all.
Dive Center facilities and educations programs include:
- 60 Individual purpose-built equipment storage cubby-holes that keep your equipment dry and organized
- High quality Scubapro rental equipment
- Spacious comfortable boats
- Purpose built training pool
- Multimedia Suite for Cameras and Internet
- Hot water shower in the dive shop
- Multiple compressors for Air, Nitrox and Trimix
- Retail Shops
- Marine Life Presentations
- PADI Courses
- PADI Specialty Courses
- Nitrox Courses
- Rebreather and Tech Diving Courses
- Discover Scuba
- Young Divers Courses from age 5 upwards - (SASY, Bubblemaker, PADI Junior Certification)
- Dive Trips and Liveaboards
When taking a break from diving, there are many activities to be enjoyed in the surrounding area. Leisure activities include, Kayaking, snorkeling, Hash Run, Jet Ski, Gym and Golf. Tours include Paradise Reptile Zoo, Sunset Cruises, Tamaraw Falls, Mangyan Village Tukuran or Hidden Paradise and Beach and Island Hopping.
The resort motto is “come as a guest – leave as a friend”. Start your journey to becoming a friend by contacting us today for the latest special packages.
Click the image above to see a video of Atlantis
Pictures courtesy of Atlantis Resorts